Happy Mouth Double Jointed 3-Ring Gag
A rigid but soft double joint design with 3 ring gag. A 3-ring gag with two sets of reins gives a rider the ability to send both horizontal and vertical signal. The first rein is attached to the largest middle ring which works to give a horse direct pressure to turn. The second rein is connected to the lower ring, and gives gag action. When the second rein is pulled the lower cheek tilts at the fulcrum point of top ring to which cheekpiece is attached, and slides in the mouthpiece. It gives pressure on both the poll and the corner of mouth simultaneously. It exercises strong control by leverage and works to elevate a horse. Useful bit for a strong horse who tends to lean on bit or in need of retraining.
- Soft, Non-Toxic, Durable, Space Age Polyurethane makes for a more comfortable wear for the horse and protects their teeth
- Mouthpiece is reinforced with stainless steel (wire or rod, depending on model)
- All cheeks and rings are made from top grade stainless steel
- Unique Apple Scent encourages horse to accept bit and reduces resistance
- Bits should be inspected regularly, and use discontinued if product shows any damage
All of our Happy Mouth Bits have a Stainless Steel core for maximum strength and durability. It is vital that they are fitted correctly to the horse’s mouth to avoid discomfort or injury. Inspect the bit and teeth of the horse regularly and discontinue use if the product begins showing any damage.